Saturday, September 12, 2009

Nice finds at Riverwalk

I admit that I haven't always given Riverwalk Records the credit they're due. I like to check out new music, and I'm partial to Pure Pop's selection in that department. I've also wrongly given RWR the assumption that their selection is just more and more and more classic rock, even though I nearly always pick something up when I stop in. This week:

Husker Du, Flip Your Wig: I saw this in the window the other day and it brought me in. Absolutely stunning power pop punk, five stars no question. I think it's still in print from SST.









Voivod, Nothingface: Have a little of their stuff, but this along with their other mid-late 80's albums have been on my list. Imagine Rush, Metallica, and Pink Floyd in a blender, but is a good way. I needledropped this one and the sound, especialy the punch of the drums, is just awesome.








Traveling Wilbury's, Volume 1: This is just a great record. Hardly groundbreaking, just good pop/rock. It's a little hard to find, but old copies have come down in price since Rhino rereleased their stuff a few years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home